At Copper Hawk Limited (“Copper Hawk”) we are committed to protecting and respecting your data protection and privacy rights.
This Privacy Notice tells you what personal information we obtain and hold about you, why we collect it, and what we do with it, as well as who we share it with.
Please take a moment to read this Privacy Notice to find out more about why and how we process your personal information.
Who Processes your Data?
For the purposes of the applicable data protection legislation, Copper Hawk Limited of Unit 4D Western Business Park, Shannon, Co. Clare, Ireland is the controller of your personal data. You will find our contact details in the “How can you Contact us” section below.
Why do we hold your Personal Data?
We collect and handle personal information to enable us to provide our services including:
• To register you as a new customer.
• To process and deliver your order.
• To manage your relationship with us.
• To answer any queries, you may have.
• To enable you to participate in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey.
• To improve our website, products/services, marketing or customer relationships.
• To recommend products or services which may be of interest to you.
What Personal Data do we Process?
We use different ways to collect data about you. We may receive data directly from you when you provide data to:
• Place an order for our products;
• create an account on our website;
• request marketing to be sent to you;
• enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
• give us feedback or contact us.
As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
Where necessary the following categories of personal data are processed by us:
• Identity data including your first name and last name;
• Contact data including your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number(s);
• Financial data including your bank account and payment card details;
• Transaction data including details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us;
• Technical data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
• Profile data including your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
• Usage data including information about how you use our website, products and services; and
• Marketing and communications data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
What is our Lawful Basis for processing your Personal Data?
The legal basis used for these processing activities are:
• Performance of a contract: We may rely on this lawful basis for processing your personal data where we need to perform the contract for the sale of our product we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• Compliance with a statutory or legal obligation: We may rely on this lawful basis for processing your personal data for the purpose of maintaining records. We may also rely on this lawful basis for the purpose of complying with our legal obligations including the sharing of your personal data with third parties where we are required to do so by law. We may process your personal data without your knowledge where this is required or permitted by law.
• Legitimate Interest: We may rely on this lawful basis for processing your personal data for the purpose of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party to whom we provide your personal data.
o To recover debts due to us;
o To keep our records updated;
• Your consent: We will generally not relay on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal data, although we will seek your consent prior to sending you direct marketing communications.
You are free to withdraw this consent at any stage and you can do so by contacting us. As Copper Hawk requires your personal data to provide a service to you, should you withdraw that consent Copper Hawk may no longer be able to provide its service to you.
How do we Protect Your Personal Data?
We employ reasonable appropriate administrative, technical, personnel, procedural and physical measures to safeguard Personal Data against loss, theft and unauthorised access, uses or modifications.
The following principles will apply to your Personal data:
• Confidentiality – only people who are authorised to use the data will be authorised to access it.
• Integrity – Copper Hawk will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is maintained accurately and remains suitable for the purpose for which it is processed.
• Availability – you will be able to access your Personal Data if required.
Who we share your information with?
We do not share your information with third parties other than as set out in this Notice. We may share your information in the following circumstances:
• Payment Service Providers: We will share your information with our payment service providers in order to process transactions.
• Delivery Partners: We will share your information with our delivery partners to deliver the goods you order.
• Consent: We will share your information with a third party where you have allowed or asked us to do so.
• Financial and Insurance organisations: We may share your data with financial and insurance organisations who provide service to us.
• Legal and safety: We may share information for the purpose of complying with our legal and contractual obligations with the appropriate statutory or regulatory bodies. We will share your information where we reasonably believe that it is necessary for legal reasons to defend or protect our legal rights. We may also share your personal information where requested to do so by An Gardaí Síochána and other law enforcement agencies, the Revenue Commissioners, and when we are ordered by a court to do so.
• Business: We may also share personal information with the PBC Biomed Group of Companies, our legal advisors, accountants and auditors where necessary.
• Business Transfer: Where some or all of our company and/or its assets may potentially be or have been acquired, we may need to share and transfer your personal information to the new or prospective owners.
Where do we Store your Personal Data?
We generally store personal information on servers located inside the European Economic Area. However, in certain cases it may be necessary for us to transfer certain information to servers located outside of the EU. It is important to be aware that the privacy protections in certain jurisdictions may not be equivalent to those in Europe. We only transfer your information outside the EEA where permitted by law and ensuring that it is subject to appropriate protections.
We generally store our manual records at Unit 4D, Western Business Park, Shannon, Co. Clare, Ireland.
How long will we hold your Data?
We retain personal data about individuals for a range of periods. The basis for our retention periods is based on our legal obligations, legitimate interests and contractual obligations. The maximum period we will hold any of your data, unless being used for ongoing review/contractual, legal legitimate interest purposes is six years.
We commit to not keeping personal data for longer than is necessary.
What are your rights?
You are the data subject in relation to any personal data we hold about you. You have various rights in relation to the data we hold. If you wish to exercise any of these rights you should contact us.
You can do so by email at the address given below or you can telephone us on the number given below. You can also write to us at our address given at the top of this notice. Normally no fee is payable for exercising your rights.
Your rights include as follows –
• Access: you have the right to make a request to be told what personal data we hold about you and to have access to your personal data.
• Correction/Rectification – if you consider any data we hold about you is inaccurate you can tell us so that where appropriate this can be corrected. Where a mistake is made in data processing then you can ask to have it rectified.
• Erasure – you have a right to ask us in certain circumstances to erase any data we hold about you (the so called right to be forgotten).
• You can object to our processing of data – this allows you to object to our processing of data about you unless we can show a legitimate reason for continuing to do so.
• Restricting processing – you can ask us to suspend processing of your personal data in certain circumstances and we must then restrict processing of that data.
• Data portability – this allows you to reuse your personal data and to have it transferred across different services.
How can you Contact Us?
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, feel free to contact us at: –
Where can you make a Complaint?
You have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission (“DPC”) (Supervisory Authority). While we recommend that you raise any concerns or queries with us first at the following email address: info@copperHawk.ie, you may contact the DPC at email@example.com or by writing to the Data Protection Commission, 1 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2, D02 RD28, Ireland.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 27 April 2022.