Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid.
A natural veterinary ointment for all affected animal skin.
A TOPICAL BARRIER
Natural Animal First Aid
Made from all-natural herbal ingredients and petrolatum
Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid is a petrolatum-based infusion of 5 naturally occurring botanical extracts. Individually these traditionally-used herbs have been seen to accompany accelerated healing of affected skin such as wounds, burns, ulcers and support hair regrowth.
Benefits & Features
COPPERHAWK IS MADE WITH
Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid incorporates Petrolatum and the following botanical extracts:
1. Centella asiatica (Gotu Kola)
In vitro stimulation of collagen synthesis and free radical scavenging activity a
2. Plantago major (Common Plantain)
Acceleration of wound healing in animal model c
3. Scrophularia nodosa (Figwort)
Anti-inflammatory activity in animal model f
4. Achillea millefolium (Yarrow)
Anti-inflammatory activity g
5. Tabebuia impetiginosa (Pau D’Arco)
In vitro antimicrobial activity d
Individually these herbs have anti-inflammatoryf, anti-oxidenta and anti-bacteriald behaviour known to accompany accelerated wound healing.a,b,c,f
How to apply
Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid can be used on feline, canine and equine animals
Apply to the affected area a minimum of once or twice daily. Consult with your veterinary surgeon for the most appropriate application regime.
|Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid Soothing Ointment for Animals
|30ml tin ideal for companion animals
|100ml tin ideal for horses
|Carton of 12 x 30ml tins
- Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid is not a veterinary medicine which is subject to authorization by the Health Products Regulatory Authority.
- Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid is not for use on animals intended for food.
- Patent pending.
- a) Triterpene composition and Bioactivities of Centella Asiatica Hashim et al. (2012) Molecules
- b) Identification of Major Active Ingredients Responsible for Burn Wound Healing of Centella Asiatica Herbs. FangWu et al. (2012) Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine Volume 2012
- c) The Wound Healing Effect of Plantago Major Leaf Extract in a Rat Model: An Experimental Confirmation of a Traditional Belief in Persian Medicine. Nassim Moradi Rad et al. (2018) Herbal Medicines Journal
- d) Anti-infectious activity in plants of the genus Tabebuia. Jimenez-Gonzalez et al. (2013) Journal of the Faculty of Science, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
- e) Anti-Inflammatory Property of Plantago Major Leaf Extract Reduces the Inflammatory Reaction in Experimental Acetaminophen-Induced Liver Injury. Hussan et al. (2015) Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- f) The genus Scrophularia: a source of iridoids and terpenoids with a diverse biological activity. Hamedi et al. (2017) Journal of Pharmaceutical Biology.
- g) Tadić V, Arsić I, Zvezdanović J, Zugić A, Cvetković D, Pavkov S. The estimation of the traditionally used yarrow (Achillea millefolium L. Asteraceae) oil extracts with anti-inflamatory potential in topical application. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017 Mar 6;199:138-148.
Frequently Asked Questions
Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid can be used to soothe any animal skin once the skin is intact. Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid is particularly helpful on irritated, dry skin to soothe and protect.
Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid is a protective barrier ointment. It conditions and soothes the skin. Copper hawk Natural Animal First Aid contains 5 herbal extracts and individually these herbs have been seen to have anti-inflammatoryf, anti-oxidenta and anti-bacteriald behaviour known to accompany accelerated wound healing.
Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid can be used on dogs, cats and equine animals such as horses, ponies and donkeys.
Currently Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid is not produced for use on humans however it’s safety has been assessed in relation to transient contact in applying the ointment and it should not pose a risk to the user.
Transient contact with the product should not be an issue. You can wash Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid off with warm water and a washcloth. In the unlikely event that you experience a reaction following contact with the product contact a healthcare professional for advice.
Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid can be applied to the affected area a minimum of once a day. If you are unsure about the application of Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid consult with your veterinary surgeon for the most appropriate application regime.
No, Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid does not contain any colours or fragrances. It has a natural scent owing to the herbal extracts which it is made with.
Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid should be stored out of direct sunlight in a cool dry place.
Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid is a petrolatum-based infusion of 5 naturally occurring herbs:
(i) Yarrow (Achillea millefolium)
(ii) Figwort (Scrophularia nodosa)
(iii) Common Plantain (Plantago major)
(iv) Pau D’Arco (Tabebuia impetiginosa), and
(v)Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica)
The shelf life of the product is 18 months from opening.
Copper Hawk Natural Animal First Aid is made from herbal extracts and white soft paraffin (petrolatum), so there shouldn’t be any issues unless they are allergic to one of the ingredients or they ingest a large amount. If they show symptoms of allergy, then call your vet immediately. Otherwise, monitor them and call your vet if they become unwell or display signs of discomfort.
Sustainable sourcing touches every part of the process of growing and producing our herbal ingredients. We want our ingredients to come from people and organizations that are using smart, environmentally conscious farming practices; that are not using pesticides or other harmful chemicals; and that are caring for the soil – conserving and managing resources and not polluting. In addition, we look for partners and producers that actively care for their workers and communities by providing good working conditions, fair wages, and empowerment opportunities.
Currently we ship to the EU and UK only.